Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Autumn Scentbook 2014

Candles are a great way to make your home or bedroom cozier, and smelling great for autumn. Shopping for them can be very fun—walking into stores to smell all of the different scents can be exciting... and overwhelming. Finding great scents can be time consuming, because there are just so many options to try and choose from. Try smelling the candles on this list next time you're at the store, rather than smelling every single option available. Choose your favourites out of this selection... I've already done the sniffing around for you. This can save you so much time and hassle, and I promise, these candles all smell amazing!
Disclaimer: I haven't burned all of these candles before, I'm judging them by what I smelled in store, much like what any person would do when searching for a candle to buy.

*This store is mostly run in Canada, but I've heard that there are locations in the US as well.*
This tea-infused soy candle has an amazing, sweet green apple scent that made me come back to the store three times just to smell it again. It also has some very, very faint hints of cinnamon in the smell, which make it absolutely autumn-like. If you have a David's tea near you, I would give this candle a smell in the store, because it really is incredible. Although this candle is quite pricey at around $20, it is a very large candle. If you love the scent and have the money to spend, I would say that it's definitely worth it.



Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle                               

When I first smelled this candle, I immediately fell in love with the scent, and decided that it was the ultimate autumn scent. I think that it really captures the feeling of fall with the smell of pumpkin pie, autumn spices and thanksgiving. Even though the name of the candle suggests that it would smell sweet, I don't really get that just from smelling it in store. I guess that maybe it would smell a bit sweeter when you burn it, but to me it just came across as the smell of autumn and spices. I also love the mason jar packaging, but I think that this adorable feature makes the candle a bit too expensive. (I say that, but I will still probably end up buying it :P)

                                                                         


This is another expensive candle, but I've seen it on sale at Target several different times for very affordable prices. It has an addicting scent of berries with hints of cinnamon mixed in. This candle very much reminds me of thanksgiving, because it smells a bit like cranberry sauce. Next time you're at Target, give this candle a smell—you might just fall in love like I did.






Out of all of these candles that I've listed, this is the only one that I've actually bought so far... and I love it! It smells like spices and vanilla, just as the name would suggest, but it's absolutely amazing. It really gets me in the mood for autumn, and I like that the smell is subtle when it's burned. If you tend to prefer stronger smelling candles, this might not be for you, but I personally love that the scent is so amazing, but not too strong. I used this while doing homework the other day, and I loved every second of it!





I had to include this body butter even though it's not a candle, it's just too good to leave out. This is by far my favourite body butter for fall. It's not even a particularly autumn-y smell, but it's ultra moisturizing and smells amazing—faintly of chocolate with hints of sweet, relaxing scents that I can't get enough of. I would definitely recommend this body butter to anyone who is looking for a great moisturizer.                               

                                                     




Yet another Bath and Body Works candle, this one literally smells like roasted marshmallows... and I love it. For some reason, the scent is almost wintery, which is weird because it reminds me of camping and roasting marshmallows in the summer. This is another sweet but subtle scent, and I think that anyone who loves sweet-scented candles will enjoy it for sure.


6 comments :

  1. I really like this post and those candles look so nice. Great post and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh all these scents sounds amazing. I am most curious about marshmallow fireside. Been wanting a scent like that for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great, you should definitely give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I really wish we had a bath and body works here in the UK, their candles and hand sanitizers sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! I only really tried Bath and Body Works this year, and I do love the candles. I'm sure there's an alternative in the UK too :)

      Delete

2