Tuesday, June 16, 2015

5 Free and Useful Apps

Part 3 of my Quebec City trilogy will be up really soon, but this post is up in between! :)

You probably use apps every day... they can be fun, or useful, and they're so easy to access, especially when they're free! Here are my current five favourites that are free, and very useful for day to day life.
 Studyblue
This app is the absolute BEST when it comes to studying for tests and exams. Even though it might be summer break now (for some people... I start exams tomorrow!), I would recommend downloading this app now so that you have it set for next year. It basically lets you create online flashcards, and uses them to create practice quizzes and more for studying. It's a staple for me during the school year!

ResQWalk
This app is perfect for everyone, and especially people that enjoy going on walks. You turn it on before going for a walk, and it tracks how far you walk. Depending on how far you travel, it donates part of a pool of money to an animal rescue of your choice. I love it because I can help out shelters just by walking around my neighbourhood!

Waterlogged
We're always told to drink 7 glasses of water a day, but it's so hard to keep track of the amount that we drink, and be consistent with hydration. This app is a very visual way to keep track of how much water you drink each day. It's got a nice design, and it's awesome to be able to look back on how much water you drank every day.

Think Dirty
The name of this app makes it sound kind of weird, but it actually just tells you how many harmful chemicals are in the cosmetics that you use... and how "dirty" they are on a scale of one to ten. You can search products or scan their barcodes to add them to your "bathroom", and you can tap on each one for information on what chemicals are in it, and why they might be used. It's useful if you want to start using more natural, less chemical-y products.

Paper 53
This is a beautiful drawing and sketching app. It has tons of colours and pen tips to choose from, and it's actually what I used to make the heart in my blog header and signature. I prefer it on an iPad with a stylus, but it works really well on smaller screens as well. It's by far my favourite sketching app, and it's way more sophisticated and easy to create great results than any others.

What are your favourite apps right now? I'd love to try out some new ones!

No comments :

Post a Comment

2