Sunday, July 26, 2015

Summer Scentbook 2015

Summer scent book 2015: favourite summer scents! | Akinokiki
This summer scentbook has been a long time coming, and I'm so excited to finally share it with you! I first came up with the idea almost a year ago, and created my Autumn Scentbook 2014. (Props to last year's self for coming up with original content!) My scentbooks come about when I go around to all sorts of stores and find my favourite scents for the season to share with the internet. I've been collecting my top summer 2015 scents for quite a few months now, so I'm so excited to be posting my second scentbook!

Note: This time around, I included a whole bunch of body products in addition to candles, because it's pretty hot to be burning candles in the summer!


Sweet grapefruit candle from PF Candle Co.
Image: http://www.pfcandleco.com

The first candle that I want to share is one that I found at Urban Outfitters, and it's the Sweet Grapefruit scent by PF Candle Co. This candle has a lovely, fruity smell but it's very nice and subtle, which it awesome for a candle because it's not sickly sweet or overwhelming. It seems like a scent that is perfect whether it's lit or unlit, not to mention the incredibly "aesthetic" packaging!
The Bodyshop Strawberry range
Photos: http://www.thebodyshop.ca

*Disclaimer: If you don't have a Bodyshop near you, fear not: there are still a bunch more other scents after my little Bodyshop rampage here, hahaha!*

The store where I found the most scents for this scentbook was the Bodyshop... a lot of their scents just scream summer to me, so I had to include them! (I'm not sponsored by them by the way, I just love their summery scents!) The strawberry scent has been a favourite of mine since before I even really knew what the Bodyshop was—I got given a travel size body lotion and soap in this scent when I was really young, and kept it for ages because I loved them so much! The smell really reminds me of a sweet and fruity smoothie, and it's an amazing choice for the summertime!




The Bodyshop Vineyard Peach range
Photo: https://ecs3.tokopedia.net/


The next scent from the Bodyshop that I love is Vineyard peach. This one smells just like Maynard's Fuzzy Peach gummies, which used to be my absolute favourites when I was little. However, It is a really sweet and strong scent, so I'm not sure how nice it would be as a lasting aroma on my body (I get really bad headaches from strong scents)—I'd probably just opt for a shower gel so that I could enjoy a shorter-lived version of the smell.



The Bodyshop Mango range
Photos: http://www.thebodyshop.ca

The second last Bodyshop scent that I chose was their Mango range. This scent is the most subtle of them all, and just smells very fruity and tropical: kind of like a tropical summer vacation drink in a body product. I think that this one would be the easiest to use as a longer-lasting scent like a lotion or body butter, because of it's subtlety. 

The Bodyshop Grapefruit range
Photos: http://www.thebodyshop.ca


The final Bodyshop scent that I chose is the Grapefruit range. This scent smells just like grapefruit juice (which is absolutely delicious, by the way!), and it's super citrusy.


Diptyque Roses Candle

Diptyque seems to be one of the latest blogger crazes on the internet, and it only took one sniff of their roses candle to figure out why. It was probably one of the most amazing candles that I've ever smelled, and really made me wish that I had the money to just splurge on it there and then (it's really pricey). It's very bright, sweet and feminine, and the scent itself smells very floral and rosy. I'd say it's the ultimate floral summer scent, and if I owned it, I'd probably find myself using all year-round! (Not to mention the packaging it gorgeous!)

L'Occitane Fleurs de Cerisier
Photo: http://uk.loccitane.com/


I dipped inside L'Occitane a few months ago because my mom loves their stuff (again, a pricier store), so I thought that I'd be bound to find something nice. And I did! The Fleur de Cerisier soap that I found in the store had a light floral scent that's really clean and pretty. I actually thought that it was a great spring scent, but it would be amazing in the summer, too! I found out later that they make perfume waters and other products in this scent as well.
Clair de Lune Pomegranite Raspberry
Photo: http://www.clairdelune.ca/

A store that I love for affordable candles and cool homeware is Claire de Lune. I love their pomegranate raspberry candles: they smell sweet, fruity and refreshing, not to mention super tropical. It made me think of having a bunch of fruity Bodyshop scents all in a candle rather than a body product. I've bought some of their candles before, and I know that they're great quality so this is just an amazing, cheap scent for the summer!

Chloé and Marc Jacobs Daisy
Photos: http://www.sephora.com/
Some really popular perfumes that I love are also perfect for the summer: the original Chloé perfume and the Marc Jacobs perfumes are the ones that I always have to test in Sephora: they're both very feminine and dainty, yet subtle (again, perfumes tend to make me kind of sick but these are perfect!).


That's it for my summer 2015 scentbook! What are your favourite scents for the season?

8 comments :

  1. I have the Marc Jacobs Dot perfume which I really hated and gave away because I hought it was that bad. The Daisy by Marc Jacobs definetly makes up for it though, much more subtle :)
    www.fergzillas.blogspot.co.uk
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds terrible about the Dot perfume—I really want to try Daisy one day though! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. I love the body shop grapefruit range, swear its their best though I love quite a few others...
    http://blushinginlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post dear! Have a nice day:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the body shop. Great post. Thank you.

    XoXo
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete

2